11:00am until 4:00pm
at Broadway in Denville
Do you have what it takes to pull a ladder truck that weighs 48,000 pounds?
Join us for the 1st annual Denville Fire Truck Pull Competition Benefitting Denville’s Project Playground 2.0
Teams of 12 will compete to pull a fully loaded ladder fire truck, 12 feet. The team with the fastest time wins!
On September 24, 2017, Denville Township Fire Department and Project Playground 2.0 will host a one-day event. The event is looking for a team of 12 to compete by pulling a fully loaded ladder fire truck, 12 feet, in the fastest time. This event is to raise funds for Denville PAL Project Playground 2.0.
Teams must consists 12 people at least 15 years of age or older. Individuals who wish to participate, will be added to create a new team.
Visit https://denvilleplays.ticketleap.com/denvillefiretruckpull/ to register as a team or individual.
Want to volunteer? Sign up here!
For more information about Denville PAL Project Playground 2.0, visit www.denvilleplays.com
Registration for the event will start at 10:30 a.m. and the event will begin at 11:30 a.m.
- $450 per team if registered by August 27th
- $550 per team if registered after August 27th
- Individuals may register to be added to a team.
- Individual fee is $40 per person if registered before August 27th
- Individual fee is $50 per person if registered after August 27th
- Awards will be presented for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for the competition
There will be lots of things for friends and family to enjoy at the event besides cheering their favorite team!
For the kids:
- Touch a Truck!
- Bouncy house
- Dunk tank
- Raffle to win a fire truck!
- Local restaurants including; Thatcher McGhee’s
- Local shopping
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Yes, you must be at least 15 years old to participate.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is municipal parking lot and street parking at the event.
What can I bring into the event?
Bring your family and friends! Bring your kids! There will be fun activates for the kids to participate and enjoy.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
What's the refund policy?
Sorry, there are no refunds. Your registration is tax deductible, our organization is a non-for profit with a 501C.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You must register prior to the event. Registration is online at: https://denvilleplays.ticketleap.com/denvillefiretruckpull/. Please bring some form of id, driver’s license, school id. If you are 15 years old, you must have a parent sign the waver on site.
Once I register, can I change my registration information?
You can change or update your team name. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to update team name or ask any questions.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Team registration covers 12 people to compete as a team, it cannot be transferred to other teams. Individual registration cannot be transferrable. Sorry, there are no refunds. Your registration is tax deductible, our organization is a non-for profit with a 501C.
What are the rules for competition?
Rules of Competition:
- Teams consist of 12 members, one member must be designated as team captain.
- Team members must be at least 15 years old
- All members competing must compete a waver prior to competition. They will be available on-site.
- The team who pulls the fire truck 12 feet the fastest, within 2 minutes, wins.
- Referee 1 is the starter, they blow the whistle to start the competition.
- Referee 2 & 3 are the official time keepers.
- Referee 4 monitors the 2 minute limit. If a team does not reach the finish line by 2 minutes, they are disqualified.
- If there is a tie, there will be a run off for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
Who benefits from this fund raiser?
The 1st Annual Fire Truck Pull event is to benefit Denville’s PAL Project Playground 2.0. Project Playground 2.0 is an initiative that aims to raise funds and awareness with the ultimate goal of updating the playground location at Denville, NJ’s beloved Gardner Field. Powered by the spirit of volunteerism and fervor for the community, Project Playground 2.0 will feature a state of the art playground for kids of all abilities to enjoy.